Πέμπτη 18 Δεκεμβρίου 2008

EVENT OF THE YEAR !






I am sure all of you watch the latest news between President of U.S.A. George Bush and an Iraqi journalist Muntasar el Zeydi. He became a hero in his country by throwing his shoes at Bush's head. I remember that they had stroken ousted leader Saddam's statue with their shoes and slippers, once upon a time. So can we say that this is a style which Iraqi people apply for punishment ?

Later we learnt that in Culture of Iraq, it's the most outrageous insult to strike someone with a slipper or shoe. Iraqi nation said good-bye Saddam like that.

Now these people are saying Good-bye to Bush with shoes. I am sorry but i laughed a lot when i watched him on tv. Who could dare this? You , me ? El Zeydi did. He's been living for many years under occupied territories and this is El Zeydi's victory.

And i advise Obama to be a good guy in forthcoming years.

Ps: As it appears from investigations the thrown shoe is made of Turkey :)

9 σχόλια:

Max Coutinho είπε...

Hey Burcu,

My reaction to the scene was: first, I was shocked; then I laughed; then I was outraged (how dared he disrespecting a President?)...

I wanted to understand his act, but I can't...this was not the first time President Bush was in Iraq, so why didn't he throw a show then? Why exactly now? This should make us all think...

Anyway, it was a free expression in a finally free society!

Loved the cartoons though, very humorous lol!

Cheers

Burcu είπε...

Maybe it was an accumulation of his feelings which has been kept for many years. i dunno Max :)
I don't discuss here if it's right or wrong :)
Just for fun...:P

Laplace είπε...

hey burcu!how are u?
the best shoot EVER..haha

Burcu είπε...

I am fine Laplace thanks!
Yes best shoot! And do you know, recently many online games have occured and those games are like : " Bush is the target as dart and hit the target" :)

Jernest είπε...

Jernest (L) El Zeydi!

I still laugh when I see this video... is hillarious, and Bush definitely deserved more than a shoe in his head...

Like they say in my country: "Bien hecho Bush!" jajajaja

xoxo

BTW, That Mel B picture is pure trash... I don´t know ´bout you, but I hate it xD

angelos είπε...

me- you, you- me. hehehe..
a meaningful move, if not more.

Burcu είπε...

Hehehe, yes...The moment i laugh a lot is Bush's face when he's about the get the 2nd shoe at his head. It's worth to see...

agiannis είπε...

the fact that he missed his target is very unfortunate...

TOPolk είπε...

I'll see if I can make my way around here...none of my options are in English. But Blogger is fairly the same in all languages, it shouldn't be a problem.

I will say that the reporter throwing his shoe at President Bush was funny...for about two seconds. We don't like the guy either over here, but we don't throw things at him. No bother though. Bush will be gone this time next month and I'm sure that reporter is on some sort of "watch list."

These things have their way of working themselves out.